Saturday, June 25, 2011

Alone

No signs will be given

One night while I was so busy being paranoid, I decided to read the bible. I asked God for a sign. I ask if He want me to become His shepherd. I started by randomly selecting a page from the scriptures using the tip of my fingers. When I stopped and opened the page I picked, I was surprised. It was Mathew 16: 1-4 and the title was, “No signs will be given”. This trucked me and I paused for a moment and decided to read some simple explanation because I was confused. It told me to refer to Luke 12: 54-56, they have the same title and almost similar verses. Again, I randomly picked a page from the bible and when I opened it was a passage from the Gospel of Mark. It has the same title but its verses were elaborated. I reflected and read it between the lines. With my own understanding, the scriptures tells me not to ask for signs. If everything will be based on signs our lives will be meaningless. Having faith is more than a sign. We will not need God in our lives if we live with signs. Uncertainties in life make us human. If everything is constant, our heart and mind will be stagnant. We all need to make choices based on our conscience, knowledge and discernment. Therefore, signs are not necessary. For as long we make decisions with God everything will go the right way. Sometimes, we don't need to ask for signs. It just happens, its like a visitor knocking outside the door, when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment